Pages - Menu

7/30/2016

A Word about WriteMonkey

Wow! The ease of clicking on an icon and writing away with nothing in sight on the page but the text is like being on vacation! With no user manual to reference, I clicked on Esc, and then ended the page by clicking on the X in the upper right until I right click to open the menu to find Quit or Ctrl Q. After Quit, the document icon shows on my desktop. Clicking on that will open the file in Notepad. I have to click on the WriteMonkey icon, and then Open the file I want to work on.

I found WriteMonkey while searching for a free online writing program. I write more than 95% in long hand cursive. I'm not published or pursue that route. However, there are times when I want a typed copy of a poem or story. Ah well, one day I watched a certain movie. Now, imbedded in my brain is Diane Keaton in the 2003 film also starring Jack Nicholson, "Something's Gotta Give," typing away on her laptop. (I also dream about owning an Apple laptop, and okay, the turtleneck sweater and beach cottage as well.)

After installing WriteMonkey, I feel I have it all even without the frills. I'm new to the program, but if its as easy as the beginning, it will be my favorite for a very long time.


This is not a sponsored post. All the opinions are mine.

2 comments:

  1. Τhis is not my thing! Computer abilities and knowledge I have none!I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave such lovely comments on my blog.They are a treat for me. So kind of you. Wishing you a wonderful August ahead.
    Olympia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy August to you & Yours, Olympia!
      Your photographs are beautiful and it is a great pleasure to read your blog.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting
Polite comments are welcome