Pages - Menu

7/14/2016

Picnics: Crown Point State Historic Site


Great picnic places around New York State and Vermont are a special interest of mine. Today, and as a kid, the picnic is my  number one favorite outing.

On Route 17 from Vermont across the Bridge to New York is the Crown Point State Historical Site on the shores of Lake Champlain. The grounds are perfect for a picnic and easy to get to.








The site is great for exercise, plein air painting, photography, and just being outdoors.






At the Crown Point Campground across the road from the fort, there's a boat launch between the Crown Point Lighthouse, and Visitor's Center (back and to the left of the visitor's center).







There are views such as looking over to New York State's Adirondack Mountains. On a hazy summer's day, the light is perfect for capturing the contrast of distance in perspective on canvas or watercolor paper.









You can see the boats on Lake Champlain through the trees or open areas near the old fort walls on the seven acres of the historic site. There are picnic tables in the area.

4 comments:

  1. You live in a beautiful area of the world. Thank you for sharing it with us. I'm looking forward to reading more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Lorrie,
      Thank you. Its been a long time since thinking about a blog subjects every where I go. Today outdoors having crackers and an mocha energy drink, I spilled it all over myself. I thought maybe this will make a good blog picnic photo...splashed and sitting in a mocha energy drink? I have my blogging brain back! lol I didn't take a picture. I finished my crackers, and then went indoors to shower, change, and get water to wash off the chair and patio.

      Have a good week-end

      Delete
  2. Beautiful pictures of a beautiful place! Look forward to visiting you here again at your lovely new blog!
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Helen,
      Love you newest guilt!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting
Polite comments are welcome