Pages - Menu

8/09/2016

How Safe is Blogging?

Not very, in my humble opinion.


Some tips to consider or not consider that aren't in order of importance:

Don't post personal information online
Don't highlight large gatherings
Keep your politics to yourself
Going on vacation...post about it when you return
Don't post photographs of children and family
Don't brag about how beautiful it is where you live
Don't use free security programs. BUY the best you can afford.
Make sure websites you register on will not share your information
Don't Share with Twitter or Facebook articles you find online
Keep your Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, etcetera very limited on a personal level

There are blogs where a few of the above are a large part of their brand. It may not be an option to stop blogging when the blog is a business. But, it can be redesigned for safety. Even then, bloggers may ask, What are the chances? Well, those days of get a clue are gone. 

I rarely share articles I find online. Recently I did. Shortly after, I began receiving spam at a very limited email address.  The only thing I've done differently with that email address is linked to those articles I shared. Note, I trusted the websites I share the articles from; and, there's no way for me to tell that is the source of the spam.

When out and about, consider keeping neighborly chit chat at the stores and such at a minimum, and not with strangers. You might gain unwanted attention.  Always, no matter where you are, be aware of your surroundings.

Be Safe
Resembles a Spur Throated Grasshopper

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for coming to visit and to read Vicki's post. That is the most personal I've ever been in the 8 years I've been blogging! I so agree with you and many of those tips, I've followed. Especially the one about politics. UGH! The worse thing to discuss on-line. Vacations are never mentioned in my book and yes, keeping things on a limited personal level I think keeps an audience wondering. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Anita,
      Your interview on Vicki Archer's blog is one of the best I've read. All of your responses are fantastic. You are an inspiration.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting
Polite comments are welcome