Pages - Menu

5/09/2017

The Delight of the Dandelion

Dandelions are a green I grew up on in my pre-school years in the country side. On the back porch the tub fridge was filled with ice water and soaking dandelion greens. It's interesting to read on livestrong.com have among the several, two nutrients for healthy eye sight. In my youth, I had excellent eye sight. I'll be adding dandelions to my salad this year.

However, the dandelion greens will not be from the lawn. There are too many chemicals that don't make it out of the soil to be safe, in my opinion. I want dandelion greens grown in a garden space set aside to grow dandelions. I'll also be shopping at the Farmer's Markets in the area for fresh greens.
Dandelion Puff 2012, digital photo Studio Maywyn



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting
Polite comments are welcome